Welcome to Year 2
Our teacher is Miss Harvey
We also have Mrs Khera to help us with our learning.
Mental health and well–being is important!
Make sure you take some well deserved time to do things you enjoy and things that make you happy – below are some ideas that are off a screen because we spend alot of time on a screen at the moment, try some of them:
We feel many different emotions every single day. Sometimes positive and sometimes negative. It is so important to look after our mental health and well being like we discussed in our live session. We need to ‘water our mind’. If you are feeling sad, down, annoyed or frustrated – concentrate on these feelings. You could write them down, scribble, draw a wordart picture or whatever you want to do to express those feelings on paper and move forward from them positively. Do something you enjoy to cheer yourself up and turn these negative feelings into positive feelings. You could do some mindful breathing and colouring, draw, paint, go on a walk, bake, meditation, exercise, yoga, read a book etc. There are many things you can do! Find what works for you There are some more ideas below!
Remember, you are AMAZING, you are WORTHY and you are LOVED.
Activity ideas below for well-being:
Newsletters for each Half Term
Things to practise:
- Year 1 and 2 common exception words
- Spelling High Frequency Words
- Using suffixes
- Using prefixes
- Timestables – 2s, 3s, 5s and 10s
- Doubling and Halving to 20
- Number bonds to 5, 10 and 20
- Write numbers to 20 in words
- Related addition and subtraction facts to 20 e.g. all numbers that make other numbers up to 20
- Related addition and subtraction facts to 100
- Add and subtract numbers up to 100 (mentally, number line, tens and ones)
- Names of 2d shapes
- Names of 3d shapes
- Time – o clock and half past on an analogue clock
- find 1/2 and 1/4 of shapes and amounts