Welcome to Year 3!
Our teacher is Miss Knight.
We also have Mrs Dodd and Ms Barton to help us with our learning.
Hello Year 3’s! Make sure you read and go on Timetables Rockstars as often as you can. Click on this home-learning link to go to websites to continue your home learning.
Its the Easter break and I am sure every day seems the same for you. Well done for listening to your parents, doing all the work you are doing and for keeping positive. We are all in this together and can’t wait to see your faces in school once again. Keep reading, keep going on TT rockstars and keep practising your writing. Lets stay home and keep safe! I have added some Easter activities to the page to get your excited about this season.
Easter holiday activities
Powerpoint: The Easter Story or Full Story: The Easter Story
Word Mat for Easter story
Can you retell the Easter story with pictures and words?
Colouring page – do you know your 6 x table?
7 Days of project activities
Scavenger Hunt at Home
Easter egg hunt and more games
White Rose Easter activities
20.04.20 Welcome back after your Easter break! I hope you took some time off to enjoy the lovely weather!! Happy birthday to everyone who celebrated their birthdays during this time! I hope you are keeping up your reading and practise on TT rockstars. Practise joining your writing and making it as neat as possible. You have two options: Complete the daily lessons or go on BBC Bitesize daily. The lessons have links to videos to help you complete the tasks.
27.04.20 Week-2: Five days of work
2-5-20 – Happy weekend everyone! We have been busy putting a little surprise together for you that will make you smile. Please click here!
04.05.20 Week 3: VE Day Learning Tasks : This week we will be celebrating VE Day and in preparation for that here are some activities you can do. Resources for the Learning Task:
Wartime-recipe-booklet Morse Code cracking Churchills speech List of Countries
Colouring Sheet – With Blue Sea Union-jack-bunting VE Day Word Cards Design a medal
11.05.20 Week-4: Five days of work
18.05.20 Hello Year 3!! Well done for your perseverance skills! Keep learning, keep smiling and make sure you look after your Mental Health. This week is Mental Health Awareness Week: Here are two books you can read if you are worried and about Corona Virus: Everybody worries Corona virus book
Some good Mental Health awareness websites:
Work for this week: Learning Project for the week: Famous people
25.05.20 Happy half-term holidays Year 3! Happy Eid for those of you who are celebrating! Also, happy birthday to all who have celebrated birthdays this month. I know the learning project this week was a change to what you normally have for work this week, well done for giving it a go! It will be back to normal next week – Five days of work.
I am so sorry to hear that some of you have lost loved ones during this time. I know how sad this can be and pray you know that, your loved ones are in a better place now with no more pain and no more sadness. Keep the memories of them alive in your hearts always!
This half-term I know you can’t go out anywhere fun so here are some places you can visit virtually. Have fun and be safe!
Visit a Museum:
- The British Museum
- The Natural History Museum: Life of the blue whale
- The Natural History Museum: Wildlife Photographer of the year
- The Smithsonian Natural History Museum USA
Go to the Zoo:
Visit an art gallery:
Travel through a National Park:
- Yellowstone National Park, USA
- Stonehenge, UK
- Kenai Fjords National Park (Alaska, USA) – I enjoyed this one the most!
Castles and Palaces
- Space: The surface of the planet Mars (this was really interesting)
- Places featured in the Harry Potter Movie (Google Earth – click through the photos (12 different pictures and use the street view to explore)
- Walt Disney World Resort
- Links to different virtual tours around the world
Great sites for books to read this holiday:
- International Children’s Library
- Renaissance Learning: (
- Actors reading children’s books out loud!
- Links to authors reading their books aloud
- Collins Big Cat Books (
- freekidsbooks.org (
- The Children’s Library (
- Free and original stories for kids
- Story Jumper – book in many different languages
Online Coding Classes:
- Code.org – Learn computer science at home (free)
- Code Kids – virtual classes (Roblox, Python, Minecraft, Scratch and Game Design (these are not free course)
- Code Monster
- Khan Academy
- Swift Playgrounds
Create a COVID-19 Time Capsule: 2020-covid-19-time-capsule-en-us
Summer Term 2: 01.06.20
Welcome back from the holiday, I hope you have enjoyed the break and will enjoy the opportunity to visit some of your relatives or friends – make sure you keep your distance and stay safe. I can’t believe we are in the last term of school! We miss you lots and hope you are keeping up with your home learning. Keep reading, keep going on TTrockstars and keep practising all you have learnt so far!
Week 1: BBC Fractions and Activities
- Five days of Maths Day 5: Maths-Assessment-Number-Fractions
- Reasoning and Problem solving questions
- Five days of English/Topic work
- Spelling games
- Revision videos – adding and subtracting 3-digit numbers
- The book of hope…a book to lift your spirits
Summer Term 2: 08.06.20
- Five days of Maths Lessons Summer Week 2
- Five days of English work
- For English Day 4 and 5: Magnificent-Mountains-Fact-Cards, Mountains-of-the-world-fact-sheets, Mountain-ranges-of-the-world_labelling activity
- Fact File template
- Mindfulness Activities from The Unworry Book
Summer Term 3: 15.06.20
Summer Term 3: 22.06.20
- Five days of work maths and english 22nd June
- Five days of work maths and english 22nd June – Answers
- Learning Project 22nd June – Transport
- Mindful Colouring – Transport
- Transport – Wordsearch
- Writing Challenge – Dragons
Summer Term 3: 29.06.20
- 5 Days of Work 29th June
- 5 days of work 29th June – Answers
- Learning Project 29th June – Food
- Banana Icecream
- Healthy Eating Wordsearch
- Volcano Writing Challenge
Try BBC bitesize daily: Daily Lessons
Links to other learning sites:
Online Learning class: National Oak academy – taught online by teachers
Please click HERE for information about home learning websites
Govt online home learning resources
Maths is Fun!
Maths lessons at 9am
Practise your typing
IXL.com – English
IXL.com – English
Stories read by David Walliams – daily
Fun stuff from Dav Pilkey
BookTrust – free books
BBC Daily learning starting 20th April
New for this week 25/05/2020
This exciting competition is open to all pupils aged 4–19. To send in entries please use the official submission form on the NATRE website. For details of this year’s themes and for all further information visit the website by clicking on the link: Spirited Arts 2020 competition details